Re: [Hampshire] Laser printers ?

Author: Neil O'Brien
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Laser printers ?
On Mon, Aug 18, 2008 at 18:34:48 +0100, Russell Gadd wrote:
> (Any comments re duplex would
> be appreciated.)
>
> Russell

I bought a HP LaserJet 4100DTN from eBay almost a year ago now. Got it
from Printer Trader Ltd and they were awful to deal with[1].

However, the printer itself is excellent. It's big and bulky for a home
user, but it produces great quality output, and fast. The duplexer
gets a lot of use for drafts of my own work, manuals, and the like.
I just wish that Uni had let me submit the final copies double sided.

Reliability has been good but not perfect. I've had maybe 3 sheets out
of several hundred jam in the duplexer. Overall, I'd do the same again
(but not from the same seller.)

Cheers,

Neil

[1] It came with an almost-empty toner despite their assurances that it
would be a good cartridge. Moreover, I agreed a specific RAM upgrade
before the sale and despite many letters and emails, I still have only
a fraction of the RAM they agreed to provide.