Re: [Hampshire] [OT] We are moving

Author: Samuel Penn
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] [OT] We are moving
On Saturday 06 September 2008 14:07:52 john lewis wrote:
> We have now moved into our new address, I got around to setting up
> the computers this morning and just for luck plugged the adsl modem
> into a long extension lead to the nearest phone socket, to my
> surprise I got a link and 260 emails to wade through.
>
> One of those emails was from Zen saying that my adsl line would be
> enabled on 9th September!!!

When we moved, and got ADSL, it also worked immediately. However,
this was because the previous occupants had had ADSL, and we were
actually using their's, rather than ours.

A couple of weeks later (after ours had been officially 'enabled')
the old account was switched off, and we lost connectivity until
BT figured out what had happened.

--
Be seeing you,                         http://www.glendale.org.uk
Sam.                        Mail/IM (Jabber): sam@???