Re: [Hampshire] help needed to diagnose computer problem

Author: Alan Bell
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] help needed to diagnose computer problem
power it on, but don't boot. Go into the bios and leave it there. See if
it powers off. Try booting from a live CD, or try Memtest86 which you
can boot to from the Ubuntu live CD and probably others.

Alan.

--
Alan Bell
The Open Learning Centre

Web: www.theopenlearningcentre.com
Mob: +44 (0)7736 778908
Tel: +44 (0)8444 3576000

The Open Learning Centre is a trading name of Bell Lord Ltd,
a company registered in England and Wales #05868943.
VAT Registration #GB 901 4715 55