Re: [Hampshire] Suggestions for replacement motherboard

Author: john lewis
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Suggestions for replacement motherboard
On Fri, 10 Oct 2008 18:42:03 +0100
David Rozzell <hantslug@???> wrote:

> I bought this [1] Barebones bundle from Novatech almost 2 weeks ago,
> not had any issues with it, installed Opensuse11.0 64bit on it
> without any problems at all. It uses the MSI K9N6PGM2-V motherboard
> [2] which is 24.4cm (9.6") X 20.5cm (8"), so not quite as big as the
> one you have now. Novatech also sell the motherboard separately [3]
> or as a motherboard bundle with processor & RAM [4]

> [4] http://www.novatech.co.uk/novatech/specpage.html?MBB-A502M

That bundle looks about the right price but will have to consult the
accountant first :-)

It will eventually need a PCI Express graphics card I guess but with 2
pci slots I can still use the advansys scsi card I need for my scanner
and a PCI graphics card to get me going.

--
John Lewis
using Debian Sid with windowmaker for a nicer desktop