Re: [Hampshire] anyone work with a registered charity?

Author: Alan Bell
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] anyone work with a registered charity?
Nick Chalk wrote:

>> They don't get the media if they order Microsoft
>> products, some of the others may provide media.
>> The Microsoft offerings are just download only.
>>

> That's new. We received standard MS Open licences,
> including huge quantities of media (all the
> language packs, all platforms, ...)

looks like I misread it. They don't do the boxed product but will do an
air drop of CDs.
"Donations will be fulfilled using Microsoft Open Licensing. This means
that boxed (full packaged) products and paper licences will not be
shipped to organisations through this programme. Instead, an e-mail will
arrive with an authorisation number for approved requests and directions
to go to a Microsoft Web page to download licensing agreements. Software
media (CDs) will be sent directly from Microsoft via air mail."
>>> I think it would also be interesting to see
>>> what considerations ctxexchange get themselves
>>> and how many "incentives" they might be offered
>>> by their current benefactors not to push FLOSS
>>> to the charities.
>>>

> I doubt they get a financial kick-back. The
> suppliers don't need to - they can just refuse to
> take part if they don't like the deal.
>
> Nick.

I don't think they get a financial kickback either. I expect there are
people working hard at CTX for little or no money.