Re: [Hampshire] Converting a .TS Video Stream file

Author: alan c
To: stephen.davies
CC: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Converting a .TS Video Stream file
Stephen Davies wrote:
> Alan,
> My Hummy is less han a year old but I had issues with the USB connection.
> So, I remove the HDD and use humaxrw to get the .TS files.

Same for me, I have two units. the first will usually connect using
the son_t cables modification (ide cable to usb), if a powered usb hub
is used with the laptop. Or I connect direct to the HD using the
modified cable and the ide to usb widget.

The second unit does not get its usb recognised at all, even if the
usb powered hub is used anyway.

The problem is thought to be that the HD cable in units with a later
control software has signal states which are not released to high
impedance when the unit is in standby, so the custom usb connection
for the standby unit is at best marginal signal levels.
--
alan cocks
Kubuntu user#10391