Re: [Hampshire] Clarkconnect Gateway 4.3 & Horde webmail

Author: James Ashburner
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Clarkconnect Gateway 4.3 & Horde webmail
Phillip Chandler wrote:

> Id looked at a few howto's, and they were WAY over my head. It now
> works. I feel like a dork. Something so simple can be the root of my
> problem.

It used to be more difficult, it wasn't a setting including in the
webconfig in previous versions, so it's possible the documentation is
out of date.

> But "Thank you" for that. Im chuffed now Im a step closer.

You're very welcome, I'll certainly try to answer any other questions
you have about CC as I've used it for a few years now.

> Im probably trying to setup the same sort of thing as a few of you guys.
> Ive got my own home LAN, where my partner and her mom use the
> connection, wirelessly.
> So Im looking at having *That* little extra security / spam filter /
> anti virus / shared folders etc setup on my box. Ive also setup the
> printer so they can all use it.

I use mine as a web/mail/print/file server as well as using it for
bittorrent (Torrentflux).

> I dont trust my 73 yr old mother-in-law in the sense that she doesnt
> know about what not to download etc. Ive tried to educate her in that
> there are great / safe web sites out there, but there are also non safe
> sites, and that clicking here, there and everywhere, and signing up for
> this, that and the other, isnt always a good idea.
>
> But this is great practice for me.

You should take a look at the proxy features then, it can filter out
unwanted websites and you can white-list any it blocks that you want to
be available.

James