Re: [Hampshire] Mini-ITX

Author: stephen.davies
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Mini-ITX
Vic,
This was as you say some years ago.
There are counltess systems out there that use 2.5in drives and are on 24/7.
Think of the Mac Mini for one example. One of mine had been on 24/7 for the past 2+ years. Its uptime (until a few weeks ago) was 400+ days. It only went down when we had a power cut because I plugged it into the wrong side on my UPD (the surge suppression side)....

Remember that SAS Storage is (mostly) based upon 2.5 in size platters. Ok they are different from consumer IDE/SATA HDD's but they can't be far off in technology terms.

The (IMHO) reliability of HDD's has improved greatly over the years. It had been many years sine any of mine failed. Then last week, Two Failed. Some words about London Busses come to mind...

Stephen D