Re: [Hampshire] Mini-ITX

Author: Alan Pope
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Mini-ITX
2008/11/7 Alastair Biggs <the_allymysta_uk@???>:
> The server needs to be small, efficent and quiet and needs to be tucked away
> somewhere or wall mounted so I was thinking I would go with Mini-ITX.

I have a little Viglen MPC-L at home as a small server. It takes about
8-10W (so less than pretty much anything else), is quiet and small.

You can get them for ~80 quid including VAT+Delivery, mouse, keyboard
and 1GB USB stick. They're not massively quick, but for a simple
at-home server probably adequate. The 80 quid offer is for listeners
of the Ubuntu UK Podcast and is explained in episode 11.

http://podcast.ubuntu-uk.org/

Cheers,
Al.