Re: [Hampshire] First impressions of Fedora 10

Author: Stuart
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] First impressions of Fedora 10
Stephen Rowles wrote:
[...]
> Fedora 10:
>
> Boot time is very fast! I'm impressed with the new parallel boot process
> startup time is noticeably faster than Fedora 8 despite running of quite a
> slow usb stick. I like the progress bar, but is text only as the graphical
> one is only supported on ati radeon cards.. roll on intel support :)

in the meantime, if you add an appropriate vga=... entry to the kernel
line in your /boot/grub/grub.conf file, the graphical boot should kick in.

Works For Me (tm) on both intel i915 (my lenovo x60s with vga=791) and
nv in 1680x1050 widescreen at home, with vga=865

much prettier...

Stuart
--
Stuart Sears RHC*