Re: [Hampshire] Broadband usage

Author: Jacqui Caren
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Broadband usage
Owain Clarke wrote:
> There are packages which depend on your level of usage, and I'm wondering
> if there is a way of logging my current usage level. Any ideas?

pretty much every unlimited package has caps these days! :-(

There are a few exceptional providers who actually provide what they
offer - we use Zen for work lines. I have to say I am impressed with
thier management console - and they provdie usage stats there.

I use gkrellm at home - it gives me daily and monthly usage figures.
One word of warning - depending upon config a reboot can reset your
stats.

However as I am on the incompetent NTHell, I do not worry about
usage too much - I frequently underuse then overrun thier 'caps'.

Jacqui