Re: [Hampshire] Broadband usage

Author: Stephen Rowles
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Broadband usage
>> I'm looking for a new broadband provider, having intended to escape
>> Tiscali ever since realising during a support call that I knew more
>> about
>> networking than the person at the other end.

I have talktalk, yes their service is crap and you are outsourced to a
call centre in different locations around the world.. however to be fair
to them it has never gone wrong, the installed on time I get close to 2meg
out of my "up to 8meg" service (which given that my line is about as far
away from the exchange as you can get, is pretty impressive, my old BT
provided line used to get 1.2meg).

We also have the any time call package which means that our phone bill
every month pretty much just the £25 cost. I cannot complain for that much
of a bargain!

It is "capped" but at 40gig it just isn't a limit I come anywhere close to
hitting.