Re: [Hampshire] Broadband usage

Author: alan c
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Broadband usage
Owain Clarke wrote:
> I'm looking for a new broadband provider, having intended to escape
> Tiscali ever since realising during a support call that I knew more about
> networking than the person at the other end.
>
> There are packages which depend on your level of usage, and I'm wondering
> if there is a way of logging my current usage level. Any ideas?
>
> Owain Clarke

If UKOnline ISP are in your local exchange it might be worth
considering them. I recently changed to them (from Demon).
http://www.ukonline.net/lite/?sso_auth=0

The tech support has seemed good on the few occasions I have used it
for someone else I helped get set up.

They are not expensive. My preference for them partly arises because
they are the local face of local loop unbundling - and the advantage
comes if they actually have their equipment inside your relevant phone
exchange. Local loop choice!
--
alan cocks
Ubuntu user #10391