Re: [Hampshire] Broadband usage

Author: Bob Dunlop
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Broadband usage
Hi,

On Tue, Dec 16 at 01:47, Owain Clarke wrote:
> There are packages which depend on your level of usage, and I'm wondering
> if there is a way of logging my current usage level. Any ideas?

Check your router. Most have a stats page that in nothing else will give
you a total of bytes in/out since the last reboot. Should be possible
to work out a reasonable monthly average from that.

For myself I point MRTG (Multi-router-traffic-grapher) at my firewall
and that gives me graphs of the usage using the firewalls SNMP stats.
My ISP gives me a similar graph from their end should I wish to check.

--
        Bob Dunlop