Re: [Hampshire] Broadband usage

Author: David Rozzell
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Broadband usage
On Tuesday 16 December 2008, Owain Clarke wrote:
> I'm looking for a new broadband provider, having intended to escape
> Tiscali ever since realising during a support call that I knew more about
> networking than the person at the other end.
>
> There are packages which depend on your level of usage, and I'm wondering
> if there is a way of logging my current usage level. Any ideas?
>
> Owain Clarke

If you're running KDE, KNetLoad will log all network traffic.

I can thoroughly recommend UKSFN [1] They're a reseller for Entanet, I'm on
one of their Max allowance home tarriffs, it's as fast as your line will
allow, I'm getting around 6.5Mb here & although it is has limits they are
30GB peak and 300GB off peak, I've not managed to hit it yet. On the very
rare occasion I've had a problem with the connection, it's been a BT error,
I've spoken to Entanet support direct and had excellent service.

David

[1] http://www.ukfsn.org/
--
FLOSS - Not just for your teeth - Free Linux Open Source Software