Re: [Hampshire] [OT] A Long Shot...

Author: Sean Gibbins
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] [OT] A Long Shot...
Victor Churchill wrote:

> I'm Jealous. Never saw the Dead play live.

There is nothing like a Dead show, as the saying goes, although I'd
place the Flaming Lips in a similar category, even lacking the
travelling troupe of acid-crazed loonies as they do.

Variious band members have been playing the Dead stuff in various guises
[1] since Garcia's death and I believe they taking the show on the road
again soon as 'The Dead', although without Garcia's unique guitar and
vocal style I have to wonder just how good it will be.

> Although I did see Bob Weir's Ratdog at Canterbury Fayre 2003 which
> was a total surprise - I hadn't realised who they were so it was an
> unexpected bonus.

I haven't entirely forgiven the surviving members for the whole debacle
with the tapers, and I seem to recall Phil Lesh was the only one who
came out of that untarnished in the end, which is perhaps unsurprising
given he is a dedicated musician and a decent fellow by all accounts. I
wonder if the rest panicked when they saw their revenue stream start to
dry up when Mr Garcia went to the great Ben & Jerry's in the sky?

Sean

[1] for example: http://tinyurl.com/92mrft

And some Dead Shows: http://tinyurl.com/9tefjz

--
The computer can't tell you the emotional story. It can give you the exact mathematical design, but what's missing is the eyebrows.
Frank Zappa