Re: [Hampshire] [OT] A Long Shot...

Author: Sean Gibbins
To: stephen.davies, Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] [OT] A Long Shot...
Stephen Davies wrote:
> Sean,
> I didn't think you were a 'Dead Head'?

Hi Steve,

Yeah, I guess I was a second generation Dead Head - I picked up on them
in the early 80s and finally got to see them three times on their home
turf in Oakland in 1988. I also saw them when they last came to Wembley
too. I did the whole tape trading thing for a few years, and I managed
to download two of the three shows I saw in Oakland when the Web
revolutionised that - I should probably go after the Wembley Arena one
too, thinking about it, although it wasn't as good sitting up in the
roof as it was dancing down the front with all the crazy people in Oakland!

> I saw them twice. One in '75 just outside New York and then in the 80's
> in Albany NY.
> Terrapin Station is my fav album.

Terrapin is nice - a little over-produced for my tastes though. I have a
tape of Robert Hunter performing the whole Terrapin suite and some on an
acoustic guitar that still sends shivers down my spine. I love the
imagery of that album!

If I had to be pinned down I would go for American Beauty or Live Dead,
the latter of which represents up the whole full-on psychedelic period
nicely for me.

Sean

--
The computer can't tell you the emotional story. It can give you the exact mathematical design, but what's missing is the eyebrows.
Frank Zappa