Re: [Hampshire] [OT] A Long Shot...

Author: Stephen Davies
To: Sean Gibbins
CC: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
New-Topics: Re: [Hampshire] [OT] synthesisers
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] [OT] A Long Shot...
Sean,
I agree that American Beauty is a great Album. It is in my top 5 'Dead
Albums.

I had to chuckle about

whole full-on psychedelic period

I started going to gigs in '68 when my Uncle John took me (aged 15) to
the Roundhouse to see the Floyd. He had roadied for the Stones a few
years earlier and was working as a sound engineer at Abbey Rd. That was
my introduction to the 'underground music' scene. I didn't think you
were old enough to be part of that scene unless your parents were the
hippy type and took you to the festivals?

Stephen D
PS
I have found some of my piccies of the Jan 20th 1972 Floyd gig at
Brighton Dome. This was probably the first performance of Dark side....
Not a computer in sight on the mix desk.... How times have changed. The
Moogs were all discrete Transistors with a bit of RTL Logic. A mag at
the time (Electronics Today International) had a series of articles
details how you could build your own synth right down to the PCB Etch masks.