Re: [Hampshire] [OT] A Long Shot...

Author: john lewis
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] [OT] A Long Shot...
On Mon, 19 Jan 2009 10:02:09 +0000
Stephen Davies <stephen.davies@???> wrote:

> Hmmm. Yes your description is quite accurate.
> Classic Rock - Tick
> Prog Rock - Tick
> Real Ale - Tick - Harvey's of Lewes.
> Steam Engines - Tick ( I built a 5in gauge Garratt when I was an
> apprentice). Going to photograph 60163 on its maiden trips at the end
> of the month.
>
> Holidays - Anywhere really off the beaten track
> Transport - British Motorcycle ( Triumph's since 1972, BSA before
> that)

apart from the sysadmin bit, I sort of fit Stephen's list as well,
except I never got around to finishing the 3.5" gauge Tich I started
building way back. Ringwood Best is my favourite real ale. I did once
have a 500cc BSA and later a 150cc Bantam, that I did a bit of
tinkering with to try to make it go faster than 65mph downhill with a
tail wind.

--
John Lewis
using Debian Sid with windowmaker for a nicer desktop