[Hampshire] How to force X to init only on Screen 1

Author: Stephen Davies
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: [Hampshire] How to force X to init only on Screen 1
I've been putting together an eeeBox system for a friend. He has a nice
23in screen which will make a great system especially as I can mount the
little box on the back of the monitor.

The only issue I have is starting X.
The hardware under the skin is straight out of a laptop and lspci
detects TWO displays.
Naturally, when X starts, it defaults to screen 0 which would be the
laptop screen except that there is no
screen. Thus, I can't see X at all.

Now with old versions of X, you could edit the /etc/X11/xorg.conf but
the newest versions of X don't use this any more.
You could also boot another distro (eg Knoppix) and copy its working
xorg.conf to your system. We can't do that anymore.

Does anyone have any ideas how I can proceed here.
I'm a bit stuck and my friend want his new system.

I'm using Fedora 10 but I have found instances of Fedora 9 working
perfectly on one of these nice little beasts.

Stephen D