Re: [Hampshire] How to force X to init only on Screen 1

Author: John Cooper
To: stephen.davies, Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] How to force X to init only on Screen 1
Stephen Davies wrote:
> I've been putting together an eeeBox system for a friend. He has a nice
> 23in screen which will make a great system especially as I can mount the
> little box on the back of the monitor.
>
> The only issue I have is starting X.
> The hardware under the skin is straight out of a laptop and lspci
> detects TWO displays.
> Naturally, when X starts, it defaults to screen 0 which would be the
> laptop screen except that there is no
> screen. Thus, I can't see X at all.
>
> Now with old versions of X, you could edit the /etc/X11/xorg.conf but
> the newest versions of X don't use this any more.
> You could also boot another distro (eg Knoppix) and copy its working
> xorg.conf to your system. We can't do that anymore.
>
> Does anyone have any ideas how I can proceed here.
> I'm a bit stuck and my friend want his new system.
>
> I'm using Fedora 10 but I have found instances of Fedora 9 working
> perfectly on one of these nice little beasts.
>
> Stephen D

There is nothing to stop you using the Fedora 9 /etc/xorg.conf in F10.
I use it when I want to use nvidia instead of nv driver. I just remove
the /etc/xorg.conf (with nivida) and it automagically runs nv.

John.

Discover Linux - Open Source Solutions to Business and Schools
http://discoverlinux.co.uk