Re: [Hampshire] How to force X to init only on Screen 1

Author: Bob Dunlop
To: stephen.davies, Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] How to force X to init only on Screen 1

> Now with old versions of X, you could edit the /etc/X11/xorg.conf but
> the newest versions of X don't use this any more.
> You could also boot another distro (eg Knoppix) and copy its working
> xorg.conf to your system. We can't do that anymore.

Create an xorg.conf and your X will use it. The fact that the system
now has enough smart defaults that it doesn't need an xorg.conf doesn't
mean it won't use one if it's there.

"man xorg.conf" should give to a list of likely directories and names
for the file. It does move about a little. Also use it to check that
there isn't an overriding file further up the search path.

Finally a look in /var/log/Xorg.0.log or your system equivalent should
tell you which config file X is using.

--
        Bob Dunlop