Re: [Hampshire] Lenny updates

Top Page
Author: Brad Rogers
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Lenny updates

gpg: failed to create temporary file '/var/lib/lurker/.#lk0x57fe2100.hantslug.org.uk.17209': Permission denied
gpg: Signature made Thu Jan 29 22:12:44 2009 GMT
gpg: using DSA key 94A792DF8B81EB69
On Thu, 29 Jan 2009 20:48:11 +0000 (GMT)
B STEVENS <b.stevens611@???> wrote:

Hello B,

Mostly, confirming what Adam has already told you.

> why would that update be available to me?

Because you've got the xorg drivers meta-package installed. You can
safely remove all the drivers you don't need. This will remove the
meta-package too, thereby removing this "problem" of having the wrong
drivers installed.

> would it hurt to install it?

No, it won't be used. Or rather, /shouldn't/ be used. IF you've got a
full config, the cirrus driver won't be called, and if you auto-detect
everything, the nv (or nvidia is you have it) driver will be used.

> how can i stop further updates of this type?

See answer to your first question.

--
 Regards  _

An old custom to sell your daughter
Hong Kong Garden - Siouxsie & The Banshees