Re: [Hampshire] Does anyone "know someone" at Demon?

Top Page
Author: Hugo Mills
To: paul, Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Does anyone "know someone" at Demon?

gpg: failed to create temporary file '/var/lib/lurker/.#lk0x56e0a100.hantslug.org.uk.18251': Permission denied
gpg: Signature made Mon Feb 9 16:45:44 2009 GMT
gpg: using DSA key 20ACB3BE515C238D
On Mon, Feb 09, 2009 at 04:41:39PM +0000, Paul Stimpson wrote:
> Hi Vic,
>
> Sorry, I can't help with Demon but I can recommend my ISP: Idnet.net. Real engineers on the helpline and no BS.
>
> What is the fault symptom?

> If you want to try to get BT to fix the fault I was once offered the
> following advice: Call BT saying you have a voice fault (don't
> mention ADSL). Tell them you can hear intermittent crosstalk from
> other people's calls. That should make them replace the whole pair
> all the way back to the exchange.

They won't do that if they can't detect the reported problem. Also,
if they send someone out to test it and can't find the problem,
they'll charge you 140 quid for the call-out.

Hugo.

        --- Well, sir, the floor is yours.  But remember, the ---
                              roof is ours!