Re: [Hampshire] Does anyone "know someone" at Demon?

Author: Sean Gibbins
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Does anyone "know someone" at Demon?
Hugo Mills wrote:

>> If you want to try to get BT to fix the fault I was once offered the
>> following advice: Call BT saying you have a voice fault (don't
>> mention ADSL). Tell them you can hear intermittent crosstalk from
>> other people's calls. That should make them replace the whole pair
>> all the way back to the exchange.
>>

>    They won't do that if they can't detect the reported problem. Also,
> if they send someone out to test it and can't find the problem,
> they'll charge you 140 quid for the call-out.

But if the person paying the bill /knows/ there is a fault and Demon are
effectively obstructing access to BT they may be prepared to pay up to
get past Demon and resolve the issue.

I've certainly encountered brainless support of this kind before, where
I have had to go through all sorts of rigmarole to get to the point
where the fault is finally passed on to BT, whereupon it is immediately
fixed.

Sean

--
The computer can't tell you the emotional story. It can give you the exact mathematical design, but what's missing is the eyebrows.
Frank Zappa