Re: [Hampshire] Does anyone 'know someone' at Demon?

Author: Vic
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Does anyone 'know someone' at Demon?

>    They won't do that if they can't detect the reported problem. Also,
> if they send someone out to test it and can't find the problem,
> they'll charge you 140 quid for the call-out.

The call-out fee doesn't matter.

The trouble is that the line is no longer a BT line - it's provided by one
of these reseller-type companies. So although it is BT that will
(eventually) fix the fault, BT won't talk to me directly. And the reseller
company can't do any more than check that the line is connected (it is -
but with vast amounts of noise).

Demon have outsourced their "technical support", and they won't escalate
to BT until I've run this speed tester thingie three times. That's a Java
applet that took me 45 minutes to download, and you have to wait 3 hours
between runs :-(

Quote of the day had to be "SNR is set at the exchange and we are not
allowed to change it". He didn't see a problem with 6dB, and his boss then
incorrectly noted it as 60dB and didn't think that at all odd.

Ho hum. Looks like Demon will soon be losing another customer.

Vic.