Re: [Hampshire] Media players

Author: Vic
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Media players

>    My main objection to Sony is not the quality of their kit

It is mine. Older Sony kit was top-notch, but a few years ago, they
started getting ever so conscious of their costs. As a result, they became
just another kit manufacturer - the old Sony quality being entirely absent
:-(

> but more to
> their utter failure to recognise or implement any standards other than
> their own.

Frequently, that's not really the case - their standards are the same as
everyone else, they just choose a Sony name for it all...

I once had to defend iLink after we'd had some rather negative (and
entirely erroneous) press on ZDNet. I was under orders not to reveal that
iLink and FireWire were one and the same.

Ho hum.

Vic.