Re: [Hampshire] Remote copy of Firefox?

Author: Richard Danter
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Remote copy of Firefox?
Hi Simon,

2009/4/24 Simon Capstick <simon@???>:
> Does anyone know if there are there any GPL equivalents to this
> commercial product?
>
> http://www.thinstuff.com/products/lx-server/
>
> ( a multi-user X server combined with an RDP (remote desktop) server )
>
> I want to give (Windows) desktop users access to a remote copy of the
> Firefox web browser running on a firewalled and sandboxed Linux server.
>  Basically I need a multi-user X server combined with a VNC or RDP
> server.  I don't want a whole remote Linux desktop, just a remote
> Firefox window for several users.

You could install a minimal Cygwin with X Server and then set up a
shortcut on each windows desktop which ssh'd to the Linux Server and
started Firefox which would then display on the Windows desktop. I
used to do this all the time but now I run Linux on my desktop
instead.

Rich

--
http://radanter.deviantart.com/