Re: [Hampshire] Remote copy of Firefox?

Author: James Courtier-Dutton
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Remote copy of Firefox?
2009/4/24 Simon Capstick <simon@???>:
> Does anyone know if there are there any GPL equivalents to this
> commercial product?
>
> http://www.thinstuff.com/products/lx-server/
>
> ( a multi-user X server combined with an RDP (remote desktop) server )
>
> I want to give (Windows) desktop users access to a remote copy of the
> Firefox web browser running on a firewalled and sandboxed Linux server.
>  Basically I need a multi-user X server combined with a VNC or RDP
> server.  I don't want a whole remote Linux desktop, just a remote
> Firefox window for several users.
>
> Simon

I use no-machine for this
www.nomachine.com

One downloads the binary client for windows or linux.
One can use a free version of nx on the server.
I use this to access my home PC email system, thus ensuring that I do
not introduce any viruses to my work. (Pretty unlikely, being that I
run linux at home, and windows at work)
It runs very nicely over ssh.