Re: [Hampshire] Remote copy of Firefox?

Author: Stephen Rowles
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Remote copy of Firefox?
> Does anyone know if there are there any GPL equivalents to this
> commercial product?
>
> http://www.thinstuff.com/products/lx-server/
>
> ( a multi-user X server combined with an RDP (remote desktop) server )
>
> I want to give (Windows) desktop users access to a remote copy of the
> Firefox web browser running on a firewalled and sandboxed Linux server.
> Basically I need a multi-user X server combined with a VNC or RDP
> server. I don't want a whole remote Linux desktop, just a remote
> Firefox window for several users.
>
> Simon

I think what you want is xrdp:

http://xrdp.sourceforge.net/

Simply install a linux distro, set up users, they log in using windows
remote desktop client with their own userid and password.

Suse has a package that seems to work perfectly out of the box, I've not
quite got it configured right yet.. I can connect via remote desktop but
cannot actually get an X session :)