Re: [Hampshire] Ergonomic mouse ?

Author: James Ashburner
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Ergonomic mouse ?
Jon Wilks wrote:
> I'm beginning to get pain in my shoulder through over use of the mouse.
>    I have seen other alternatives like a mouse pen or a track ball mouse
> and wonder if anyone has experience of these things and recommend their use.

> It would have to work under Fedora 10 or Ubuntu of course :-)

I've also suffered with shoulder problems initially caused (I suspect)
through use of a mouse almost at shoulder height through my teens. Our
PC was in a cabinet by the dining room table and this was where the
mouse ended up. After doing the initial damage I'd struggled with using
a normal mouse at work, in spite of being in a far more normal position.
I switched to a trackball about 3 years ago and the problem has been
significantly reduced.

I did see a doctor about it, I was told it's a trapped nerve and they
can't do anything about it.

I use a Logitech TrackMan, originally had a Microsoft one but found the
ball tended to stick.

James