[Hampshire] iPod + Linux

Author: Sean Gibbins
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: [Hampshire] iPod + Linux
Hi All,

Last night a friend, having upgraded to the latest and greatest, gave me
his 'old' iPods, which my twins snatched from me the moment I stepped
through the door!

Since we're almost entirely an Ubuntu shop here, I was wondering what
the best options are for using them with the same? I know for a fact
that my daughter Ellen wants to use her Ubuntu laptop rather than the
shared Windows machine we have here, since she is likely to be going off
to Uni next year, as indeed is her brother Sam.

A quick google before I wrote this didn't turn up anything that was
instantly inspiring, so I am wondering what folks here use, and what
limitations there are, if any?

The iPods in question are a 32GB 'Touch' and a 120GB 'Classic'.

Sean

--
www.funkygibbins.me.uk