[Hampshire] [off topic] Unable to submit document to govt de…

Author: Edward Beckmann
To: hampshire
Subject: [Hampshire] [off topic] Unable to submit document to govt dept
Hi

To answer your question - yes, this is correct. Some of the handshaking on
submission relies on being hard-coded - I could not understand more than
that and was not going to waste time trying to fix it. I spoke to the
support guys at Companies house last year and they were both aware of it and
sympathetic (i.e. they had heard of linux and did not ask why I didn't use
windows like any other sensible person!).

I keep a machine with an xp partition which gets used twice each year -
guess why?

Having said they know about it, it's a shame it is not fixed because it
takes a tangible amount of time to submit in any case. It's just one of
those things that to lobby about would be much less use than getting on with
the business.

Yours sympathetically

--
Ed