Re: [Hampshire] Netbooks

Author: sjs205.linux@googlemail.com
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Netbooks
Hello Dominic,

I recently brought an Acer Aspire one with the AMD dual core C-50
processor... I initially had some trouble with the drivers for the
CPU+GPU combo and, hence, ended up installing ARCH linux on it, but it
works great now, definitely worth the £200 I paid for it!

Comes with 10.1" screen, 250GB HD, 1GB RAM and Windows 7 Starter - Soon
got rid of that one!

Also has HDMI and VGA out on it, I've never used the hdmi since I don't
have the right cable, but movies are great on my 32" LCD TV via the VGA
port. It can sometimes be a little laggy at high resolutions through,
but that it fine when I only really watch iplayer and the occasional
movie download - ;) - on it.

All that said, I wouldn't really want to do any coding on it though,
screen and keyboard are way too small. I only really use it as a laptop
when going away, the rest of the time it just sits there plugged into my
TV.

Hope that helps somewhat...

Steven