Re: [Hampshire] Where to buy an old PCMCIA NIC?

Author: john lewis
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Where to buy an old PCMCIA NIC?
On Thu, 23 Nov 2006 20:40:05 -0500 (EST)
Andy Random <andy.random@???> wrote:

> The key point is that the laptop is 6+ years old (and running
> Windows 98... yes, yes I know:) and while he doesn't know exactly
> what it will or won't support he's concerned that if he buys a
> brand new card the laptop will refuse to talk to it.

Hi Andy

I expect something like my EtherLink III Lan PC Card (3C589C) would
work. It has the disadvantage of needing a dongle, the connection of
which to the card is a bit fragile, but it is pre-cardbus.

Ebay might be the best chance of getting one of these.

--
John Lewis
Debian Linux with Geneweb genealogy application