Re: [Hampshire] Where to buy an old PCMCIA NIC?

Author: Cayenne-uk
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Where to buy an old PCMCIA NIC?
> Andy Random <andy.random@???> wrote:
>
> > The key point is that the laptop is 6+ years old (and running
> > Windows 98... yes, yes I know:) and while he doesn't know exactly
> > what it will or won't support he's concerned that if he buys a
> > brand new card the laptop will refuse to talk to it.

Hi Andy,
I can't help you with supply, but I bought a Xircom Realport Cardbus Ethenet
10/100, +modem 56k (and the cherry on to is GSM/AMPS mobile phone
capability). Intel took over Xircom and continued to produce this item. I
continue to be chuffed to bits with this gizmo, even though it was pretty
pricey when I first bought it. The product number in case you want it for
searching ebay is RBEM56G-100BTX/EU1/M.

Kelvin