Re: [Hampshire] Microsoft makes claim on Linux code

Author: Adrian Bridgett
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Microsoft makes claim on Linux code
On Wed, Nov 22, 2006 at 15:12:58 +0000 (+0000), Hugo Mills wrote:
>    This is almost unreadable. Please could you configure your mail
> client to send either plain text, or a multipart-MIME message with
> plain text and HTML parts.

[snip]

I'll avoid mentioning "duplicate emails from Hugo" since I know you
are aware of it :-)

I use this in mutt:

# auto view html but use text/plain if you have a choice
auto_view text/html
alternative_order text/plain

The last line says that when given an email in both html and text,
pick the text version. The first line says "automatically view html"
which it does by dumping it though /etc/mailcap (elinks in my case).
This means that when I'm sent HTML only email, it doesn't take much
effort on my part to read it.

OTOH maybe I should set it up to autoreply with password encrypted PDF
files with a link in the text document to a website with the password
:-)

Adrian
--
Adrian Bridgett - adrian@???