Re: [Hampshire] Printing problem

Author: Tim
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Printing problem
On Saturday 02 December 2006 08:08, Tim wrote:
> On Friday 01 December 2006 23:36, Tony Whitmore wrote:
> > Tim wrote:
> > > I can access the printers internal web server from the debian box so
> > > there nothing wrong from the network point of view. I have looked
> > > through the various log files but can not see anything that suggest
> > > where the printing problem lies
> >
> > Well, there are separate configuration stanzas in /etc/cups/cupsd.conf
> > for ability to print and access to the admin interface. For example, I
> > have the following which allows any host on the LAN to print to the
> > print server:
> >
> > <Location />
> > Order Deny,Allow
> > Deny From All
> > Allow From 127.0.0.1
> > Allow From 192.168.0.*
> > </Location>
> >
> > and the following which does the same for the admin interface.
> >
> > <Location /admin>
> > AuthType Basic
> > AuthClass System
> >
> > ## Restrict access to local domain
> > Order Deny,Allow
> > Deny From All
> > Allow From 127.0.0.1
> > Allow From 192.168.0.*
> > </Location>
> >
> > Without specifying the subnet in both sections, the settings in the
> > /admin part override the settings in the the / part. Equally, changing
> > the permissions on the /admin section won't allow printing from the LAN.
> >
> > HTH,
> >
> > Tony
>
> I will have a look later tonight and compare it to the mepis conf file as
> well to see if there is any differences. Unfortunately the printer is a bit
> large to drag to the bab today.
>
> Tim

Just a quickie to say that printing is now working, unfortunately I had to
remove cups and all the other programs associated to cups and then reinstall,
don't know why but it is printing nicely now.

Its been a productive weekend, got my video card upgrade working at the bab
(thanks Adam or was it Adrian :o ) yesterday, tuned spamassassin to catch a
bit more spam, and now today I have got the printer
working......................why do I have this fear of impending doom??

Tim

http://uk.docs.yahoo.com/nowyoucan.html