Re: [Hampshire] What distro?

Author: Jacqui Caren
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] What distro?
sean gibbins wrote:
> the next logical steps; no doubt an HA cluster* would have followed and
> that is getting a little too much like work!

Openmosix is not rocket science and provides a lot of redundancy
for things like web servers, databases etc.

I was looking at running email and web under openvz = and running
a 'core' box during the night and only switching on any other machines
as load requires.

The new box I was looking at was 199 from staples - but I think I may
wait and see if the price drops further as they already have it 5ukp
cheaper on thier web site.

On backups it is do as I say not as I do - dups on multiple machines
with backups to my 250GB external (staples are doing a 320GB for70UKP)
is about as far as I (can afford) go at home.

Jacqui