Re: [Hampshire] Talks for April - a plea

Author: Mair
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Talks for April - a plea
On Sun, 25 Mar 2007 15:11:18 +0100 (BST)
Gordon Scott <gordon@???> wrote:

> On Sun, 25 Mar 2007, Adam Trickett wrote:
>
> > Personally I do find yellow on black easier to read, than dark text
> > on a light background.
>
> If yellow on black or white on black are perceived as better than
> black on white, I wonder why I find web pages with light text on a
> black background harder to read.
>
> PC-screen colours on black do work better, IMHO, than on white, but
> that may just be because the easiest to define RGB colours, e.g.,
> #00FF00, are just too bright for a white background.

My MSc supervisor used to have a very dark website and a little article
explaining why:

http://web.archive.org/web/20041215091650/www.anc.ed.ac.uk/~amos/compcolours.html

Maybe he's changed his mind on the subject, though, because when I
looked up his website just now (to look for the article) he's revamped
it all in light colours.