Re: [Hampshire] Talks for April - a plea

Top Page
Author: Adam Trickett
To: Gordon Scott, Hampshire LUG Discussion List
CC:
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Talks for April - a plea

gpg: failed to create temporary file '/var/lib/lurker/.#lk0x56e4d100.hantslug.org.uk.14278': Permission denied
gpg: Signature made Sun Mar 25 15:45:26 2007 BST
gpg: using DSA key 019AD0D8166C4BF0
On Sunday 25 March 2007 15:11, you wrote:
> On Sun, 25 Mar 2007, Adam Trickett wrote:
> > Personally I do find yellow on black easier to read, than dark text on a
> > light background.
>
> If yellow on black or white on black are perceived as better than black
> on white, I wonder why I find web pages with light text on a black
> background harder to read.

Resolution and distance problems? I don't know why, and I agree that we are
use to reading black text on white paper, and computer screens.

> PC-screen colours on black do work better, IMHO, than on white, but that
> may just be because the easiest to define RGB colours, e.g., #00FF00,
> are just too bright for a white background.

I don't know what the basis is. I agree that there are lots of issues, and
there is a lot of psychological factors. We are affected by colours and
amounts of colour.

--
Adam Trickett
Overton, HANTS, UK

It is a miracle that curiosity survives formal education.
    -- Albert Einstein