[Hampshire] Samba share on a wireless network

Author: Adam Cripps
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: [Hampshire] Samba share on a wireless network
Calling all samba gurus - I have a machine running Samba on my main
network and want to make shares available on my wireless network.
However, it seems that my wireless router has a problem with these
shares.

My current network is set-up thus:

  ADSL router (DHCP)
 192.168.1.1

|                                  |                          |

Wireless (DHCP)          Samba               Other machines
192.168.1.3                192.168.1.7        192.168.1.*
192.168.11.1

-------------------------------------

|                                     |

Laptop 1                        Laptop 2
192.168.11.2                 192.168.11.3

(Apologies if the text representation gets mangled).

Basically, the machines on the 192.168.1.* network can mount the samba
shares normally, but the laptops in the 192.168.11.* network cannot.

I have placed the following line in my smb.conf file:

hosts allow = 127.0.0.1, 192.168.

but I think this is only half of the story as I have to put in an
interfaces config line.
I've read documentation, but it seems to be based around to separate
networks and I'm not sure what to do with the interfaces part.

Can anyone advise what else I need to add to the smb.conf file to make
the shares accessible from the wireless network? Ideally, I'd like to
place this in [globals] as I will be adding a printer later on.

A full copy of the smb.conf file can be seen at:
http://www.monkeez.org/linux/smb.conf.txt

TIA
Adam
--