[Hampshire] OT: LCD's and burn-in

Author: Jim Kissel
To: Hampshire
CC:
Subject: [Hampshire] OT: LCD's and burn-in
I haven't changed the position of the top panel since I installed Ubuntu
Dapper last year. I was messing around with a new wallpaper, when I
saw what appeared to be a flaw in the image, but viewing with gimp under
magnification didn't show any flaws so I left it for the time being.

Today I re-installed compiz-fusion and it requires a re-boot. During
the login, which still has the orange/sandy background I could see what
looked like ghost images of the icons that appear on the top panel, so I
changed the background image to Ubuntu Lagoon, and yes, I can see the
faint outline of the icons and the bottom boarder of the panel.

I knew that plasma displays had problems with burn-in of menus and/or
icons in TVs but this is the first I've seen/heard of on an LCD.

ViewSonic 201b mostly Ubnutu 6.06 without auto-hide on the panel.