Re: [Hampshire] OT: LCD's and burn-in

Author: Dr Adam J Trickett
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] OT: LCD's and burn-in
On Thu, 09 Aug 2007 at 11:09:47AM +0100, Jim Kissel wrote:
> Today I re-installed compiz-fusion and it requires a re-boot. During
> the login, which still has the orange/sandy background I could see what
> looked like ghost images of the icons that appear on the top panel, so I
> changed the background image to Ubuntu Lagoon, and yes, I can see the
> faint outline of the icons and the bottom boarder of the panel.
>
> I knew that plasma displays had problems with burn-in of menus and/or
> icons in TVs but this is the first I've seen/heard of on an LCD.

It's called Temporary Image Persistance, and if you swicth the screen
off for a few days it should go away. If it happends more than a little
get your unit swapped. I had to swap two Iiyama units under warranty
and the replacments have been perfect.

--
Adam Trickett
Overton, HANTS, UK

The Politician is an acrobat: he keeps his balance by saying
the opposite of what he does.
    -- Maurice Barres