Re: [Hampshire] OT: LCD's and burn-in

Author: Nick Chalk
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] OT: LCD's and burn-in
Jim Kissel <jlk@???> wrote:
> Today I re-installed compiz-fusion and it
> requires a re-boot. During the login, which
> still has the orange/sandy background I could
> see what looked like ghost images of the icons
> that appear on the top panel

> I knew that plasma displays had problems with
> burn-in of menus and/or icons in TVs but this is
> the first I've seen/heard of on an LCD.

I have a Dell 2001FP, and it displays the same
effect. Mind you, the only static elements I have
are rxvt and Firefox window border, but they leave
a slight darkening of the backdrop.

For me, the problem mostly disappears when the LCD
is switched off over-night. I also occasionally
adjust my standard window placement, to allow the
elements to recover.

Nick.

--
Nick Chalk ................. once a Radio Designer
Confidence is failing to understand the problem.