Re: [Hampshire] Ethernet over mains

Author: Samuel Penn
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Ethernet over mains
On Thursday 09 August 2007 12:59, Dr Adam J Trickett wrote:
> I think my usage would be running a notebook at one end with X sessions
> back to my main systems and possibly streaming audio (not video).
>
> Dabs et al are flogging a pair of 85 units for GBP80 and a pair of
> 200 units for GBP115.

I've had the old slow ones for a while (when they were the fastest
available), and my impression has been that they just work. I do
use them for streaming video over, and they generally work okay
(though does have a few problems sometimes keeping up). Simply
web browsing or playing audio has no problems.

I have tried serving X (Enlightenment) over it, and that seemed to
work without problems. For a difference of £35 however, I'd suggest
the faster set.

--
Be seeing you,                         http://www.glendale.org.uk
Sam.                        Mail/IM (Jabber): sam@???