[Hampshire] The Slug has landed...

Author: Andy Random
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: [Hampshire] The Slug has landed...

Or at least my slug has been delivered!

So a couple of questions for you happy slug owners:

I've had a quick hunt through the previous links posted here and I assume
this is the best procedure to follow to Debianise it:

http://www.cyrius.com/debian/nslu2/install.html

If there is a better set of instructions to use please let me know.

Any gotchas I should know about?

I notice reading through the quick start instructions that it says a disk
must be formated to use with the device and that it isn't compatible with
use on a windows machine.

Out of curiosity is this simply because it used Ext3 (or some other Linux
file system) and so would work with Windows fine if you had the Windows
drivers for the filesystem installed or does the slug natively use
some sort of proprietary file system?

Also assuming I go for the Debian install on a HD connected to one of the
USB ports, once installed is there anything stopping me from connecting a
USB hub to the second USB port so I can connect several more peripherals?

Andy