[Hampshire] [OT] Track down a user by IP address

Author: Tim
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: [Hampshire] [OT] Track down a user by IP address

I need some help tracking down a user on our network at work. I know the
current IP address (when I block it they change it) and I know the PC name,
but apart from that I have not been able to find out much else.

The reason I want to know who it is, is due to excessive bandwidth useage of
the internet connection (read 1gb a day). Its a windows network
unfortunately, I think I know who it is but I need to prove it. A quiet
warning won't work as he already had a verbal warning.

Anybody with more experience help me track this user down.

Regards

Tim