Re: [Hampshire] [OT] Track down a user by IP address

Author: Tim
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] [OT] Track down a user by IP address

Thanks for all the advice gentleman, as sods law would have it, a few minutes
after posting the message the unknown user shot himself in the foot. He
logged onto the terminal server and then disconnected himself as opposed to
logging off (disconnecting leaves you still running on the sever) so I was
able to get the IP address linked to the user on the given PC, have a nice
screen grab and it was who I thought it was.

Getting access to the guys PC is difficult, I live 140 miles away from the
site and only there one day a week. He is always there when I am and if I
waited till he was away somebody else in his office would of of told him I
was playing on his PC.

But at least I have some useful tips to use in the future if I need to

Thanks

Tim