Re: [Hampshire] rackspace debain IP change

Author: John Cooper
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] rackspace debain IP change
Jacqui caren wrote:

> A client has askedif we can help migrate a rackspace machine IP address
> handling thier email.
>
> Evidenly it has two IP addresses available, They want to stop using the
> existing IP address and mail domain and start using a new domain and
> IP address.
>
> As I have no experience of using rackspace systems does anyone have any
> suggestions or advice? At the memnet even getting into the rackspace
> user interface is proving problematic :-(
>
> Jacqui

This sounds like a DNS change to the A and MX record. Do rackspace
handle their DNS? To find out, go to

http://www.dnsstuff.com/

and scroll down to "Hostname tools". Enter the website URL first with
the second column left as "A". Then repeat with the second column as
"MX". This will tell you where the current web and mail DNS are pointing to.

John.

Discover Linux - Open Source Solutions to Business and Schools
http://discoverlinux.co.uk